Code of Ethics.....
Both O Lá Go Lá and its service users or members are required to abide by the below ethical standards as set by the organisation. The purpose of these guidelines is for the protection of our members.
1. Members should show respect and understanding to both other members and the admin team.
2. Members must be mindful of other members on the page. They must not post triggering, abusive or inappropriate comments on the page. These comments will be removed and may result in the member being restricted to one to one support only if they do not comply with warnings from the admin team.
3. Members must be 100% honest with us.
a. Members must only use one Facebook profile on the page. This profile does not need to be their personal profile or contain their real name but they must not assume multiple identities on the page using multiple profiles.
b. While members may use a different name / Facebook profile to protect their identity while interacting on the page, the creation of fake profiles with the intent to deceive other members is not permitted. Where such a profile is discovered, this profile may be reported to Facebook or other relevant parties.
4. Members must be aware of their own limitations and put their own self-care as a priority over supporting other members.
5. Members must be aware of their safety online. It is strongly recommended that members do not interact with other members off the page.
6. Members must not participate in peer to peer support if they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
7. Members must not participate in peer to peer support if they are actively self harming. They must put their own physical safety first and must seek medical help if needed.
8. Where a member fails to comply with the above ethical guidelines, their access to peer to peer support may be removed and they will be restricted to one to one support only. A member will be issued with a warning where they have broken our ethical guidelines. This gives them a chance to redeem themselves. If they do not heed this warning, they will be restricted to one to one support.